Computing Career Corps
Through several hands-on lessons and activities, Computing Career Corps introduces students to a variety of in-demand occupations in the field of technology including computer programming, software engineering, robotics, 3D printing and app development.
Students gain a solid understanding of the inner workings of technology and use their newly acquired skills and creativity to develop solutions and products.
- Lessons covering topics such as Coding, App Development, 3D Printing, Robotics, Game Design, Web Development, Digital Media and Big Data
- Student Social Network (digital citizenship), Blogs (reflective writing), Project presentations
- Program Kit that includes student supplies, software and materials
- Evaluations and Assessments
- Training and ongoing support
- Grade Band: High School, 9th – 12th grades
- Program Hours: 45+ hours of programming
- Venue: In-class or after-school
- Instruction: Content delivered by Computer Science Teacher, by two certified TECH CORPS Instructors or team of TECH CORPS volunteers
- Category: Exploration