Computing to Career Bridge Program
This program will include two TECH CORPS Signature Programs: Computing Career Corps and Student TECH CORPS.
Program Experience Overview:
- February – May: Students will participate in a 15-week career exposure and workforce development program called Computing Career Corps. The program is designed to strengthen students’ technology skills while at the same time exploring technology career pathways. The program introduces students to a variety of in-demand occupations in the field of technology including computer programming, software engineering, robotics, 3D printing and app development. Students will gain a solid understanding of the inner workings of technology, discover pathways for entering these careers and learn about technology training programs available to them in Central Ohio. Students attend the program one night a week from 4p-7p for 15 weeks. Students who attend at least 80% of the program, acquire two digital badges will receive a new laptop.
- June – August: Students will participate in an eight-week summer work-based learn and earn experience. Student TECH CORPS delivers core technology training and is designed to help students prepare to acquire an industry-recognized certification (CompTIA IT Fundamentals). The CompTIA IT Fundamentals exam covers foundational technology concepts and is an ideal, industry-recognized first step for a student entering a post-secondary technology training program or an entry level technology career. Students attend the program Monday – Friday, 25 hours/week for 8 weeks. Students will be paid $10/hour during the program and have an opportunity to earn up to $2,000.
Students in the Computing to Career Bridge Program will:
- Earn a laptop if they successfully complete the Computing Career Corps program
- Earn $10/hour while participating in the Student TECH CORPS summer learn and earn program
- Elevate their confidence with technology in a safe and supportive environment
- Connect and interact with technology professionals from several Central Ohio companies
- Be mentored and supported by technology professionals from JPMorgan Chase
- Increase their awareness of the technology job market in Central Ohio
- Prepare for greater success in post-secondary technology programs (Per Scholas, Columbus State Community College, etc.) in Central Ohio
- Have an opportunity to acquire CompTIA certification, Digital Badges and College Credit
- Gain a marketable and valuable set of employability skills
Students interested in being selected to participate will need to complete the full application as soon as possible.
Students will be selected for the program as qualified applications are received and while openings remain. The program is for 25 seniors and openings will go quickly.
Apply today! https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/C2CBridge