Techie Camp: Virtual
As the country continues to navigate this global health crisis, TECH CORPS remains committed to providing high-quality computer science experiences to students. Like many organizations, businesses and families, we have had to think differently about how we achieve our mission and support student learning while at the same time protecting the health and safety of our participants, their families and our staff. As a result, TECH CORPS developed Techie Camp: Virtual.
Techie Camp: Virtual is a weeklong, online experience in which students will dive into Programming using Scratch through a mix of online instruction, guided activities with classmates and individual work time.
Techie Camps put students in the role of creating and designing with technology—not just passively using and consuming it. Components include:
- Daily virtual meetups with tutorials, activities, and games
- Self-guided supplemental activities and challenges
- Focus on team-work and collaboration to develop a project
- Virtual training and ongoing support
- Grade Band: Middle School, 6th – 8th grades
- Program Hours: Up to 4 hours per day, Monday through Friday
- Venue: Anywhere!
- Instruction: Content delivered virtually by a certified TECH CORPS Instructor
- Category: Exploration