To register for Techie Camp: Virtual in Georgia, click the button below.
Techie Camp®: Virtual
During the virtual Techie Camps, students will dive into programming using Scratch or Twine through a mix of online instruction, guided activities with classmates and individual work time. Each camp will consist of one instructor, one success coach and up to 20 students. There will be a mix of whole-group and small-group sessions throughout the camp.
New program locations will be added in the coming weeks. Please check back.
Techie Camp is a full day, week-long program designed to engage elementary and middle school students in hands-on, interactive STEM-related activities. Students take a deep dive into subject matter focused on Robotics, Programming, Android App Development, 3D Printing or Web Development and emerge with skills that are useful in today’s’ classroom and tomorrow’s workplace.
Techie Camps put students in the role of creating and designing with technology—not just passively using and consuming it. Components include:
- Grade appropriate lessons focused on Robotics, Programming, Android App Development, 3D Printing and Web Development
- Two tested and certified instructors trained to use Techie Camp curriculum
- Student Social Network (digital citizenship), Blogs (reflective writing), Project presentations
- Camp Kit that includes student supplies, software and materials
- Evaluations and Assessments
- Training and ongoing support
- Grade Band: Elementary School, 3rd – 5th grades and Middle School, 6th – 8th grades
- Program Hours: Full day, week-long
- Venue: Summer camp or year-round school intersession
- Instruction: Content delivered by two certified TECH CORPS Instructors
- Category: Exploration