Part-time/Temporary position responsible for coordinating and implementing all day-to-day aspects of the program. IT On Ramp is 3-week career awareness program designed to engage high school students in interactive technology activities. Throughout the program, students will explore Programming concepts and Cybersecurity and acquire an awareness of emerging technology careers. This summer, IT On Ramp will be delivered virtually via Zoom. Each cohort will be supported by one (1) Instructor and one (1) Success Coach with up to 10 students.
Date: IT On Ramp will run for three weeks Monday-Friday from July 12 – July 30, 2021.
Time: IT On Ramp will run from 9:00am-3:00pm with instructors online up to 30 minutes before/after the program times.
Wage: $20 per hour
- Attend training session prior to program start date
- Become knowledgeable of program tools (lessons/activities, software/hardware) prior to program sessions
- Explain complex ideas to students so they can relate and understand
- Build a safe classroom environment conducive to collaborative and hands-on learning
- Assist students with the successful completion of lessons/activities and evaluation
- Record camp through photos and videos, which need to be uploaded to Dropbox
- Provide feedback on the students’ experience with the overall program
- Provide TECH CORPS staff with all program and evaluation data as requested
- Perform other duties as needed for the successful implementation of the program
- Passion (for the mission of the organization), Creativity and Initiative
- Knowledge and/or experience leading, mentoring or teaching groups
- Effective communication and presentation skills
- Previous experience working with diverse populations and/or urban students is a plus
- Computer Science or Engineering experience/major/degree preferred but not required
- Cyber and information security
Direct Report: IT On Ramp Instructors report to the Central Ohio Regional Manager.
Location: IT On Ramp will be offered in partnership with the Columbus Urban League and the Godman Guild.
TECH CORPS is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. TECH CORPS is committed to building a culturally diverse team and strongly encourages applications from female and minority candidates.
www.techcorps.org / @techcorps_org / #TECHCORPS