Part-time/Temporary position responsible for coordinating and implementing all day-to-day aspects of the program. Student TECH CORPS is a 6-week “summer work experience” designed to deliver tech support training and certification to students and then harnesses their knowledge to power a Student-Run Help Desk to provide valuable technical support in their school buildings or communities. Students work 25 hours each week and earn up to $10.00 per hour. This summer, Student TECH CORPS will be delivered in-person with COVID-19 safety protocols.
Date: Student TECH CORPS will run from June 7, 2021 – July 30, 2021.
Time: Student TECH CORPS will run from Monday-Friday from 8:30AM to 1:30PM with instructors onsite up to an hour before/after the program time.
Wage: $20 per hour
- Attend training session prior to program start date
- Become knowledgeable of program tools (lessons/activities, software/hardware) prior to program sessions
- Be able to explain complex ideas to students so they can relate and understand
- Provide supervision and support to the studentemployees using the Student TECH CORPS program materials
- Support and mentor students as they interact with peers and industry professionals
- Support student project teams with the successful completion of hands-on lab activities
- Conduct any and all activities necessary to retain 90% of all assigned students
- Arrive to every workday session promptly and prepared for sessions/instruction
- Coordinate and implement work in an orderly and professional manner
- Set-up and clean-up worksite at the beginning and at the end of each workday and confirm that all materials are prepared for sessions
- Enforce rules and regulations and apply appropriate disciplinary measures as needed
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Passion (for the mission of the organization), Creativity and Initiative
- Basic knowledge and/or experience leading, mentoring or teaching groups
- Experience with computer hardware repair, operating systems, software applications, networking, computer peripherals, and tech support
- CompTIA certifications (i.e. IT Fundamentals, A+, etc) preferred but not required
- Effective communication and presentation skills
- Previous experience working with diverse populations and/or urban students is a plus
- Education, human resources or related major/program/degree preferred but not required
- Ability to multitask with strong attention to detail and the ability to perform under deadline pressure
- Customer service delivery and the ability to accommodate different situations and temperaments
- Professionalism (time management, appearance, dependability) and strong work ethic
- Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Dropbox, Google Suite
Direct Report: Student TECH CORPS Instructors report to the Central Ohio Regional Manager.
Location: Student TECH CORPS is offered in partnership with K12 schools and nonprofit organizations in Central Ohio.
TECH CORPS is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. TECH CORPS is committed to building a culturally diverse team and strongly encourages applications from female and minority candidates.
www.techcorps.org / @techcorps_org / #TECHCORPS