Part-time/Temporary position responsible for coordinating and implementing all day-to-day aspects of the program. Techie Camp is a full day, week-long program designed to engage elementary and middle school students in hands-on, interactive STEM-related activities. Students take a deep dive into subject matter focused on Robotics, Programming, Android App Development, 3D Printing or Web Development and emerge with skills that are useful in today’s classroom and tomorrow’s workplace. This summer, Techie Camps will be delivered in-person (with COVID-19 safety protocols) as well as virtually via Zoom.
Date: Techie Camps will be offered in-person and virtually Monday – Friday between June 7, 2021 and August 13, 2021.
Time: In-person Techie Camps typically run from 9am-4pm (hours may vary by region) with instructors onsite up to an hour before/after the camp times.
Virtual Techie Camps will generally run from 9am-1pm, 12-4pm or 2-6pm with instructors online up to 30 minutes before/after the camp times.
Wage: $20 per hour (amount may vary by geographic area)
- Attend training session prior to program start date
- Become knowledgeable of program tools (lessons/activities, software/hardware) prior to program sessions
- Be able to explain complex ideas to students so they can relate and understand
- Build a safe classroom environment conducive to collaborative and hands-on learning
- Assist students with the successful completion of lessons/activities and evaluation
- Record camp through photos and videos, which need to be uploaded to Dropbox
- Provide feedback on the students’ experience with the overall program
- Provide TECH CORPS staff with all program and evaluation data as requested
- Perform other duties as needed for the successful implementation of the program
- Passion (for the mission of the organization), Creativity and Initiative
- Knowledge and/or experience leading, mentoring or teaching groups
- Effective communication and presentation skills
- Previous experience working with diverse populations and/or urban students is a plus
- Computer Science or Engineering experience/major/degree preferred but not required
- Graphic Arts and 2D or 3D Video Game Design
- Robotics and Engineering (Mechanical/Electrical)
- Open-source software, including image, audio, video manipulation, web authoring and programming environments
- 3D Printing platforms (e.g. TinkerCAD, SketchUp)
Direct Report: Techie Camp Instructors report to the Regional Manager.
Location: Techie Camp is offered via partnerships with colleges/universities, K12 schools and nonprofit organizations in Central and Northeast OH; San Marcos and Los Angeles, CA; Larimer County, CO; New London and Windham County, CT; DeKalb and Gwinnett County, GA; Worcester County, MA; Rockingham County, NH; Trenton, NJ; and Greater Providence, RI.
TECH CORPS is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. TECH CORPS is committed to building a culturally diverse team and strongly encourages applications from female and minority candidates.
www.techcorps.org / @techcorps_org / #TECHCORPS