Part-time/Temporary position responsible for coordinating and implementing all day-to-day aspects of the program. Student TECH CORPS is a 6-week “summer work experience” designed to deliver tech support training and certification to students and then harnesses their knowledge to power a Student-Run Help Desk to provide valuable technical support in their school buildings or communities. Students work 25 hours each week and earn up to $10.00 per hour. This summer, Student TECH CORPS will be delivered in-person with COVID-19 safety protocols.
Date: Student TECH CORPS will run from June 7, 2021 – July 30, 2021.
Time: Student TECH CORPS will run from Monday-Friday from 8:30AM to 1:30PM with site coordinators onsite up to an hour before/after the program time.
Wage: $15 per hour
- Attend training session prior to program start date
- Become familiar with program tools (e.g. Dropbox, Google Drive) prior to program sessions
- Provide administrative oversight including tracking attendance and timesheets, contacting students, collecting paperwork
- Maintain case notes on all assigned participants
- Serve as liaison/point of contact for assigned worksites
- Collaborate with Instructors on a daily basis to coordinate daily/weekly reports (to include newsletter).
- Responsible for all requests made by assigned worksite regarding weekly reports, final report and youth concerns.
- Maintain a weekly log to document attendance, timesheets and youth progress
- Administer and collect mid-point and final evaluations
- Attend weekly meeting with staff regarding documentation, student progress and program updates
- Contact any student who has an unexplained absence to discuss progress, offer assistance and encourage retention including documenting contact with absent students
- Build a safe classroom environment conducive to collaborative and hands-on learning
- Provide feedback on the students’ experience with the overall program
- Provide TECH CORPS staff with all program and evaluation data as requested
- Perform other duties as needed for the successful implementation of the program
- Passion (for the mission of the organization), Creativity and Initiative
- Basic knowledge and/or experience leading, mentoring or teaching groups
- Effective communication and presentation skills
- Previous experience working with diverse populations and/or urban students is a plus
- Education, human resources or related major/program/degree preferred but not required
- Ability to multitask with strong attention to detail and the ability to perform under deadline pressure
- Customer service delivery and the ability to accommodate different situations and temperaments
- Professionalism (time management, appearance, dependability) and strong work ethic
- Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Dropbox, Google Suite
Direct Report: Student TECH CORPS Site Coordinators report to the Central Ohio Regional Manager.
Location: Student TECH CORPS is offered in partnership with K12 schools and nonprofit organizations in Central Ohio.
TECH CORPS is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. TECH CORPS is committed to building a culturally diverse team and strongly encourages applications from female and minority candidates.
www.techcorps.org / @techcorps_org / #TECHCORPS