Part-time/Temporary position responsible for supporting students throughout the program to help ensure student success. Computing Career Corps (CCC) introduces students to a variety of in-demand occupations in the field of technology including computer programming, software engineering, robotics, 3D printing and app development. Students gain a solid understanding of the inner workings of technology and use their newly acquired skills and creativity to develop solutions and products. Each cohort will be supported by one (1) Instructor and one (1) Success Coach with up to 10 students.
- Date: Computing Career Corps will be implemented virtually from February 1 – May 21, 2021.
- Time: Computing Career Corps sessions will run for one hour between 4:00pm-7:00pm, Monday-Thursday (one day per week). Success Coaches can work multiple program days, if desired.
- Wage: $15.00/hour: 4 hours/week (1 hour program session + 3 hours/day for additional responsibilities including online office hours, administrative tasks and team meetings. Success Coaches are also paid for training.
- Attend training session prior to program start date
- Become familiar with program tools (i.e. Google Drive) prior to program sessions
- Assist the instructors and students with the successful completion of the Computing Career Corps program experience
- Provide administrative oversight including: tracking attendance, contacting students & parents, collecting paperwork
- Monitor student progress toward program goals and maintain relationships to support students as needed
- Provide feedback on students’ experience with the overall program
- Provide TECH CORPS staff with all program and evaluation data as requested
- Perform other duties as needed for the successful implementation of the program
- Passion (for the mission of the organization), Creativity and Initiative
- Basic knowledge and/or experience leading, mentoring or teaching groups
- Effective communication, presentation and interpersonal skills
- Previous experience working with diverse populations and/or urban students is a plus
- Education, human resources or related major/program/degree preferred but not required
- Ability to multitask with strong attention to detail and the ability to perform under pressure
- Customer service delivery and the ability to accommodate different situations and temperaments
- Professionalism (time management, appearance, dependability, discretion) and strong work ethic
- Solid administrative skills and the ability to work independently and/or in a team
- Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Google Suite
Direct Report: Computing Career Corps Success Coaches report to the TECH CORPS Regional Manager, Central Ohio.
Location: The program will be implemented virtually.
TECH CORPS is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. TECH CORPS is committed to building a culturally diverse team and strongly encourages applications from female and minority candidates.
www.techcorps.org / @techcorps_org / #TECHCORPS