JOB POSTING: Techie Camp Instructor
Part-time/Temporary position responsible for coordinating and implementing all day-to-day aspects of the program. Techie Camp is a full day, week-long experience designed to engage elementary and middle school students in hands-on, interactive STEM-related activities. Students take a "deep dive" into subject matter focused on Programming, Robotics, 3-D Printing or Android App Development and emerge with knowledge and skills that are useful in today's classroom and tomorrow's workplace. Each camp has two (2) instructors and up to 20 students.
||Techie Camps are typically offered between June 3, 2019 and August 23, 2019.
||Techie Camps run Monday - Friday typically from 9:00am to 4:00pm (Instructors arrive at 8:00am and stay no later than 5:00pm).
||$20 per hour (amount may vary by geographic area)
- Attend training session prior to program start date
- Become knowledgeable of program tools (lessons/activities, software/hardware) prior to program sessions
- Be able to explain complex ideas to students so they can relate and understand
- Build a safe classroom environment conducive to collaborative and hands-on learning
- Assist students with the successful completion of lessons/activities and evaluation
- Record camp through photos and videos, which need to be uploaded to Dropbox
- Provide feedback on the students’ experience with the overall program
- Provide TECH CORPS staff with all program and evaluation data as requested
- Perform other duties as needed for the successful implementation of the program
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Passion (for the mission of the organization), Creativity and Initiative
- Knowledge and/or experience leading, mentoring or teaching groups
- Effective communication and presentation skills
- Previous experience working with diverse populations and/or urban students is a plus
- Computer Science or Engineering major/program/degree preferred but not required
Content Knowledge/Experience(topic based on desired camp offering):
- Graphic Arts and 2D or 3D Video Game Design
- Robotics and Engineering (Mechanical/Electrical)
- Open source software, including image, audio, video manipulation, web authoring and programming environments
- 3D Printing platforms (e.g. TinkerCAD, SketchUp)
Direct Report:Techie Camp Instructors report to the Regional Manager.
Location: Techie Camp is offered via partnerships with colleges/universities, K12 schools and nonprofit organizations in Central and Northeast OH; Dekalb and Gwinnett County, GA; Trenton, NJ; Greater Providence, RI; San Diego, Los Angeles and Concord, CA; and Larimer County, CO.
TECH CORPS is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. TECH CORPS is committed to building a culturally diverse team and strongly encourages applications from female and minority candidates.
For more information, please contact: Carla @ 614-583-9211