Part-time/Temporary position responsible for coordinating and implementing all day-to-day aspects of the program. Student WEB CORPS is a 6-week “summer work experience” that provides high school students with a suite of web development, project management and professionalism skills and then challenges them to apply those skills in the authentic task of building a website for a small business or nonprofit organization in their community. Students work 25 hours each week and earn up to $10.00 per hour. This summer, Student WEB CORPS will be delivered in-person with COVID-19 safety protocols.
Date: Student WEB CORPS will run from June 21, 2021 – July 30, 2021.
Time: Student WEB CORPS will run from Monday-Friday from 9:00AM to 2:00PM with instructors onsite up to an hour before/after the program time.
Wage: $20 per hour
- Attend training session prior to program start date
- Become knowledgeable of program tools (lessons/activities, software/hardware) prior to program sessions
- Provide supervision and support to the studentemployees using the Student WEB CORPS program materials
- Support student project teams with the successful completion of the client website including monitoring student work performance and recommending modifications web site designs as needed
- Explain complex ideas to students so they can relate and understand
- Support and mentor students as they interact with peers and industry professionals
- Conduct any and all activities necessary to retain 90% of all assigned students
- Arrive to every workday session promptly and prepared for sessions/instruction
- Coordinate and implement work in an orderly and professional manner
- Set-up and clean-up worksite at the beginning and at the end of each workday and confirm that all materials are prepared for sessions
- Enforce rules and regulations and apply appropriate disciplinary measures as needed
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Passion (for the mission of the organization), Creativity and Initiative
- Basic knowledge and/or experience leading, mentoring or teaching groups
- Effective communication and presentation skillsPrevious experience working with diverse populations and/or urban students is a plus
- Education, human resources or related major/program/degree preferred but not required
- Ability to multitask with strong attention to detail and the ability to perform under deadline pressure
- Customer service delivery and the ability to accommodate different situations and temperaments
- Professionalism (time management, appearance, dependability) and strong work ethic
- Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Dropbox, Google Suite
Direct Report: Student WEB CORPS Instructors report to the Northeast Ohio Regional Manager.
Location: Student WEB CORPS will run at Cleveland State University.
TECH CORPS is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. TECH CORPS is committed to building a culturally diverse team and strongly encourages applications from female and minority candidates.
www.techcorps.org / @techcorps_org / #TECHCORPS