Part-time/Temporary position responsible for coordinating and implementing all day-to-day aspects of the program. High School Tech Camp is a full day, week-long experience designed to engage high school students in hands-on, computing activities. During the camp, students are immersed in subject matter focused Programming (C#), Cyber Security or Blockchain. High School Tech Camp allows students to explore complex ideas and concepts rationally and logically as well as use technology to design and create solutions and artifacts. HS Tech Camp promotes creativity, collaboration and problem-solving. Program curriculum developed in partnership with Hyland Software, creator of OnBase and Franklin University. Each camp has two (2) instructors and up to 20 students.
Dates: HS Tech Camps will be offered between June 1, 2020 and August 14, 2020.
Time: HS Tech Camps run Monday – Friday typically from 9:00am to 4:00pm (Instructors arrive at 8:00am and stay no later than 5:00pm).
Wage: $20 per hour
Location: HS Tech Camp is offered via partnerships with colleges and universities in Northeast OH.
- Attend training session prior to program start date
- Become knowledgeable of program tools (lessons/activities, software/hardware) prior to program sessions
- Be able to explain complex ideas to students so they can relate and understand
- Build a safe classroom environment conducive to collaborative and hands-on learning
- Assist students with the successful completion of lessons/activities and evaluation
- Record camp through photos and videos, which need to be uploaded to Dropbox
- Provide feedback on the students’ experience with the overall program
- Provide TECH CORPS staff with all program and evaluation data as requested
- Perform other duties as needed for the successful implementation of the program
- Passion (for the mission of the organization), Creativity and Initiative
- Knowledge and/or experience leading, mentoring or teaching groups
- Effective communication and presentation skills
- Previous experience working with diverse populations and/or urban students is a plus
- Computer Science or Engineering major/program/degree preferred but not required
Content Knowledge/Experience (topic based on desired camp offering):
- Programming (C#, Python)
- Cyber and information security and data analysis
- Open source software, including image, audio, video manipulation, web authoring and programming environments