Part-time/Temporary position responsible for coordinating and implementing all day-to-day aspects of the program IT On Ramp
program. IT On Ramp is a two-week hands-on experience designed to expose students to a variety of computing topics. Through
exposure, exploration and project design, this program provides students with a deeper awareness of technology career pathways
and prepares them for greater success in technology programs in high school and beyond. The program has two (2) instructors and
up to 20 students.
Dates: IT On Ramp will be offered from June 8, 2020 and July 20, 2020.
Time: IT On Ramp will run Monday – Thursday from 9:00am to 2:00pm (Instructors work 8:30am – 2:30pm).
Wage: $20 per hour for program implementation and training.
Location: IT On Ramp will be offered via partnerships with nonprofit organizations across Columbus, OH.
- Attend training session prior to program start date
- Become knowledgeable of program tools (lessons/activities, software/hardware) prior to program sessions
- Be able to explain complex ideas to students so they can relate and understand
- Build a safe classroom environment conducive to collaborative and hands-on learning
- Assist students with the successful completion of lessons/activities and evaluation
- Record the program through photos and videos, which need to be uploaded to Dropbox
- Provide feedback on the students’ experience with the overall program
- Provide TECH CORPS staff with all program and evaluation data as requested
- Perform other duties as needed for the successful implementation of the program
- Passion (for the mission of the organization), Creativity and Initiative
- Knowledge and/or experience leading, mentoring or teaching groups
- Effective communication and presentation skills
- Previous experience working with diverse populations and/or urban students is a plus
- Computer Science or Engineering major/program/degree preferred but not required
Content Knowledge/Experience (topic based on desired camp offering):
- Open source software, including image, audio, video manipulation, web authoring and programming environments
TECH CORPS is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. TECH CORPS is committed to building a culturally diverse team and strongly encourages applications from female and minority candidates.
www.techcorps.org / @techcorps_org / #TECHCORPS