Student WEB CORPS®
Student WEB CORPS provides high school students with a suite of web development, project management and professionalism skills and then challenges them to apply those skills in the authentic task of building a website for a small business or nonprofit organization in their community.
- Web Development Training: Fundamentals of web development using HTML, XHTML and CSS
- Testing and Certification: Online and performance-based testing of each student’s knowledge, requiring 80% mastery to achieve basic-level certification
- Web Development Team: All procedures, training and tools required to successfully implement a web design team project.
- Student Social Network (digital citizenship), Blogs (reflective writing), Site Presentations
- Student WEB CORPS Kit with student supplies
- Opportunity for college credit
- Evaluations and Assessments
- Training and ongoing support
- Grade Band: High School, 9th – 12th grades
- Program Hours: 100+ hours of programming
- Venue: In-class or out of school time program
- Instruction: Content delivered by Web Development Teacher or two certified TECH CORPS Instructors
- Category: Immersion