Techie Camp is a full day, week-long program designed to engage elementary and middle school students in hands-on, interactive STEM-related activities. Students take a deep dive into subject matter focused on 3D Printing, App Development, Coding, Robotics, Digital Animation or Web Development and emerge with skills that are useful in today’s classroom and tomorrow’s workplace.
Watch the video to see why kids LOVE Techie Camp!
Techie Camps put students in the role of creating and designing with technology—not just passively using and consuming it. Components include:
- Grade appropriate lessons focused on 3D Printing, App Development, Digital Animation, Robotics, Programming and Web Development
- Two tested and certified instructors trained to use Techie Camp curriculum
- Student Social Network (digital citizenship), Blogs (reflective writing), Project presentations
- Camp Kit that includes student supplies, software and materials
- Evaluations and Assessments
- Training and ongoing support
- Grade Band: Elementary School, 3rd – 5th grades and Middle School, 6th – 8th grades
- Program Hours: Full day, week-long
- Venue: Summer camp or year-round school intersession
- Instruction: Content delivered by two certified TECH CORPS Instructors
- Category: Exploration