Techie Workshops are designed to promote awareness and spark interest in computer science and technology. Through hands-on activities that encourage creative problem solving, teamwork and creativity, students explore topics such as Robotics, Programming, Android App Development or 3D Printing.
Techie Workshops: Virtual
Techie Workshops: Virtual are a four-hour online experience in which students will dive into narrative game design. Students will create interactive stories and games that illustrate fundamental programming concepts.
- Grade-appropriate activities focused on Robotics, Programming, Android App Development and 3D Printing
- Two tested and certified instructors trained to use Techie Workshop curriculum
- Program Kit that includes student supplies, software and materials
- Evaluations and Assessments
- Grade Band: Elementary School, 3rd – 5th grades and Middle School, 6th – 8th grades (High School, 9th – 12th grades in development)
- Program Hours: 4+ hours
- Venue: Saturdays, Summer or After School
- Instruction: Content delivered by two certified TECH CORPS Instructors
- Category: Awareness