Full-time, exempt position with the primary responsibility of developing and implementing a communications and marketing strategy to a broad and diverse range of TECH CORPS stakeholders.
Direct Report: The TECH CORPS Communications & Marketing Specialist reports to the TECH CORPS Director of Operations.
Salary: $36,000 – $38,000, based on experience
Location: Central Ohio
- Oversee and produce, from concept to completion, a broad array of digital and/or print promotional and communication materials for the organization including flyers, videos, reports, social media graphics and more.
- Plan, prepare and distribute original promotional content such as articles, news and press releases, email, blog and social media posts and other updates on behalf of the organization.
- Build and maintain relationships with journalists, bloggers and customer audiences that will help advance the work of the organization.
- Identify target audiences and create strategies to effectively engage them.
- Develop and implement a communications strategy for the organization that builds and maintains a positive corporate brand.
- Oversee corporate communications and branding through social media platforms (LinkedIn, Twitter, Instagram, Facebook), industry magazines and other various print platforms.
- Oversee the development and maintenance of the organization website including methods to deliver message, ease of navigation, and clarity of information; ensures that all content is current and relevant.
- Assist executive leadership in developing presentations, speeches and other important corporate messages.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Passion (for the mission of TECH CORPS), Creativity and and Initiative.
- Bachelor’s degree in English, Communications, Marketing, Public Relations, Journalism or a related field or 3-5 years of experience in a Marketing, Public Relations or Communications role.
- Demonstrated ability to work both independently and collaboratively and to manage projects without close supervision.
- Superior ability to write in a journalistic style that is customary for corporate and external publications.
- Organized with attention to detail.
- Excellent analytical, communication and presentation skills.
- Demonstrated experience in producing communication products and managing communication processes.
TECH CORPS is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. TECH CORPS is committed to building a culturally diverse team and strongly encourages applications from female and minority candidates.
www.techcorps.org / @techcorps_org / #TECHCORPS