Part-time/Temporary position responsible for coordinating and implementing all day-to-day aspects of the program. Computing Career Corps (CCC) introduces students to a variety of in-demand occupations in the field of technology including computer programming, software engineering, robotics, 3D printing and app development. Students gain a solid understanding of the inner workings of technology and use their newly acquired skills and creativity to develop solutions and products. Each cohort will be supported by one (1) Instructor and one (1) Success Coach with up to 10 students.
- Date: Computing Career Corps will be implemented virtually from February 1 – May 21, 2021.
- Time: Computing Career Corps sessions will run for one hour between 4:00pm-7:00pm, Monday-Thursday (one day per week). Instructors can work multiple program days, if desired.
- Wage: $20.00/hour: 4 hours/week (1 hour program session + 3 hours/day for additional responsibilities including online office hours, administrative tasks and team meetings. Instructors are also paid for training.
- Attend training session prior to program start date
- Facilitate weekly online instructional and check-in sessions with up to 10 students
- Become knowledgeable of program tools (lessons/activities, software/hardware) prior to program sessions
- Be able to explain complex ideas to students so they can relate and understand
- Build a safe online classroom environment conducive to collaborative learning
- Assist students with the successful completion of lessons/activities and evaluation
- Provide feedback on the students’ experience with the overall program
- Provide TECH CORPS staff with all program and evaluation data as requested
- Perform other duties as needed for the successful implementation of the program
- Passion (for the mission of the organization), Creativity and Initiative
- Ability to manage an online classroom with up to 10 students
- Basic knowledge and/or experience leading, mentoring or teaching groups
- Effective communication and presentation skills, particularly in an online environment
- Previous experience working with diverse populations and/or urban students is a plus
- Professionalism (time management, appearance, dependability, discretion) and strong work ethic
- Computer Science or Engineering major/program/degree preferred but not required
- Graphic Arts and 2D or 3D Video Game Design
- Open source software, including image, audio, video manipulation, web authoring and programming environments
- 3D modeling platforms (e.g. TinkerCAD, SketchUp)
Direct Report: Computing Career Corps Instructors report to the TECH CORPS Regional Manager, Central Ohio.
Location: The program will be implemented virtually
TECH CORPS is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. TECH CORPS is committed to building a culturally diverse team and strongly encourages applications from female and minority candidates.
www.techcorps.org / @techcorps_org / #TECHCORPS