I Am #CUTOUT4CS
Introduce your students to the world of Computer Science (CS) during this year’s Computer Science Education Week (#CSEdWeek)! Don’t Delay …
TECH CORPS, Hyland and the Teaching & Learning Collaborative are looking for elementary school teachers to join us in celebrating #CSEdWeek by leading a set of lessons with students. Anyone can teach the #CutOut4CS lessons – no computer science background is required.
What You'll Be Teaching
The Teaching & Learning Collaborative and TECH CORPS partnered on the creation of the #CutOut4C lessons, designed specifically for 3rd and 4th grade teachers.
- illuminate computational thinking experiences and focus on content standards in Operations & Algebraic Thinking.
- use a fun cookie design scenario and Scratch (programming language).
- have a flexible format for implementation. Lessons can be used for an hour once a day during CSEdWeek or even as a full-day (5 hour) experience.
SIGN UP ANYTIME BETWEEN NOW AND NOVEMBER 15TH
Implement the “CutOut4CS” lessons during CSEdWeek
(December 6-10, 2021).
What You'll Receive for Participating
- The “CutOut4CS” lessons
- Access to inspiring FlipGrid videos submitted by technology professionals
- An opportunity to join a national movement to inspire students to learn computer science
- A 2021 CSEdWeek t-shirt, while supplies last
Win for Your Classroom
Share your experience with us by doing any of the following before December 10th, and we will enter you into a drawing to win up to $1,000 worth of computer science materials for use in your classroom.
- Submit a Flipgrid video of your students implementing the lessons.
- Post pictures of the lessons being implemented in your classroom on Facebook and/or Twitter and tag: #TECHCORPS & #CSEdWeek.
TECH CORPS is proud to partner with Hyland and the Teaching & Learning Collaborative.