Part-time/Temporary position responsible for coordinating and implementing all day-to-day aspects of the program. IT On Ramp+ is a full-day, four-week experience designed to elevate students’ mathematical understanding and confidence in algebra and geometry through hands-on lessons focused on a variety of computing topics including app development, game design, software development, and web development. Through exposure, exploration and project design, this program seeks to provide students with a deeper awareness of technology pathways and prepare them for greater success in technology pathway programs in high school and beyond. Each cohort will be supported by two (2) Instructors and a Site Coordinator with up to 25 students.
Date: IT On Ramp+ will run with two different cohorts, Monday – Friday from June 3-June 28 AND July 8-August 2
Time: IT On Ramp+ will run between 9:00am-3:00pm with instructors onsite no later than 30 minutes before/after the program time. Instructors will also be paid for a training session prior to program implementation.
Wage: $25 per hour
Location: IT On Ramp+ will take place at various locations in Central and Northeast, OH.
- Attend training session prior to program start date
- Become familiar with program tools (e.g. Dropbox, Google Drive) prior to program start date
- Provide administrative oversight including tracking attendance and timesheets, contacting students, collecting paperwork
- Collaborate with Instructors on a daily basis to coordinate weekly report out
- Create and submit newsletters to showcase program activities
- Contact any student who has an unexplained absence to discuss progress, offer assistance and encourage retention including documenting contact with absent students
- Build a safe classroom environment conducive to collaborative and hands-on learning
- Provide feedback on the students’ experience with the overall program
- Provide TECH CORPS staff with all program and evaluation data as requested
- Arrive to every workday session promptly and prepared for sessions/instruction
- Coordinate and implement work in an orderly and professional manner
- Set-up and clean-up worksite at the beginning and at the end of each workday and confirm that all materials are prepared for sessions
- Enforce rules and regulations and apply appropriate disciplinary measures as needed
- Perform other duties as needed for the successful implementation of the program
For more information, please contact TECH CORPS @ 614-583-9211.
TECH CORPS is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. TECH CORPS is committed to building a culturally diverse team and strongly encourages applications from female and minority candidates.
🌟Check out IT On Ramp+🌟
Join our team as an instructor for IT On Ramp+, a dynamic summer work-based learning program aimed at high school students. The four-week experience centers on hands-on lessons that delve into diverse computing topics such as app development, game design, software development, and web development. Through exposure, exploration, and project design, you will provide students with an awareness of technology career pathways, preparing them for success in high school technology pathway programs and beyond. We invite you to be part of this exciting journey as an IT On Ramp+ instructor.