The Manager, Special Projects (JFS) is primarily responsible for managing the day-to-day tasks for all TECH CORPS programs funded by the Franklin County Department of Job & Family Services in Central Ohio including, conducting student outreach, recruitment, enrollment and orientation; developing and supervising TECH CORPS programs, employees and volunteer network; ensuring adequate resources are in place to carry out programming and expanding the impact of TECH CORPS in the region (Full-time, exempt position).
Direct Report: The TECH CORPS Manager, Special Projects reports to the TECH CORPS Director of Operations.
Salary: $35,000-$45,000 annually (commensurate with experience)
Location: Central Ohio
- Implement, support and evaluate TECH CORPS programs, particularly those funded by Franklin County Department of Job & Family Services.
- Develop and maintain partnerships with program implementation partners.
- Recruit and support program participants for community-based programs, including sorting, preparing and processing paperwork for participant
- Recruit, train and support TECH CORPS staff and volunteers to implement programs.
- Manage communication and public relation functions for TECH CORPS, including development of multiple strategies for communicating with education, business, government and community stakeholders.
- Prepare program and grant reports.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Passion (for the mission of the organization), Creativity and Initiative.
- One to three years of experience with formal/informal education and/or nonprofit organization.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Familiarity with Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (TANF) paperwork processing.
- Demonstrated ability to take initiative, work independently and to manage multiple projects without close supervision.
- Demonstrated planning, organizational and communication skills both written and oral.
- Experience recruiting and managing staff and volunteers.
- Experience in working collaboratively and effectively with diverse stakeholders.
- Experience writing program reports.
- Experience with using and creating spreadsheets for data collection.
For additional details or to apply visit: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/mgrspecjfs
For more information, please contact TECH CORPS @ 614-583-9211.
TECH CORPS is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. TECH CORPS is committed to building a culturally diverse team and strongly encourages applications from female and minority candidates.
www.techcorps.org / @techcorps_org / #TECHCORPS