Part-time/Temporary position responsible for coordinating and implementing all day-to-day aspects of the program. Student TECH CORPS is a “summer work experience” designed to deliver tech support training and certification to students and then harnesses their knowledge to power a Student-Run Help Desk to provide valuable technical support in their school buildings or communities. Each cohort is supported by two Instructors and a Site Coordinator with up to 25 students.
Date: Student TECH CORPS will run between June 17, 2024 and August 9, 2024 (varies by program area).
Time: Student TECH CORPS will run Monday-Friday between the hours of 9:00AM-3:00PM (varies by program area) with staff onsite no later than 30 minutes before/after the program time.
Wage: $25 per hour
Location: Student TECH CORPS is offered via partnerships with colleges/universities, K-12 schools and nonprofit organizations in Central and Northeast OH.
- Become knowledgeable of program tools (lessons/activities, software/hardware) prior to program sessions
- Be able to explain complex ideas to students so they can relate and understand
- Provide supervision and support to the student-employees using the Student TECH CORPS program materials
- Support and mentor students as they interact with peers and industry professionals
- Support student project teams with the successful completion of hands-on lab activities
- Arrive to every workday session promptly and prepared for sessions/instruction
- Coordinate and implement work in an orderly and professional manner
- Set-up and clean-up worksite at the beginning and at the end of each workday and confirm that all materials are prepared for sessions
- Enforce rules and regulations and apply appropriate disciplinary measures as needed
- Perform other duties as needed for the successful implementation of the program
For more information, please contact TECH CORPS @ 614-583-9211.
TECH CORPS is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. TECH CORPS is committed to building a culturally diverse team and strongly encourages applications from female and minority candidates.