Part-time/Temporary position responsible for coordinating and implementing all day-to-day aspects of the program. Student WEB CORPS is a “summer work experience” that provides high school students with a suite of web development, project management and professionalism skills and then challenges them to apply those skills in the authentic task of building a website for a small business or nonprofit organization in their community. Students work 25 hours each week and earn up to $15.00 per hour (varies by program area).
Date: Student WEB CORPS will run between June 17, 2024 and August 9, 2024 (varies by program area).
Time: Student WEB CORPS will run Monday-Friday between the hours of 9:00AM-3:00PM (varies by program area) with staff onsite no later than 30 minutes before/after the program time.
Wage: $25 per hour
Location: Student WEB CORPS is offered via partnerships with colleges/universities, K-12 schools and nonprofit organizations in Central and Northeast OH as well as Chicago, IL.
- Become knowledgeable of program tools (lessons/activities, software/hardware) prior to program sessions
- Provide instruction, supervision and support to the student-employees using the program materials
- Explain complex ideas to students so they can relate and understand
- Build a safe classroom environment conducive to collaborative and hands-on learning
- Support student project teams with the successful completion of the mock client website, including monitoring student work performance and recommending modifications web site designs as needed
- Support and mentor students as they interact with peers and industry professionals
- Arrive to every workday session promptly and prepared for sessions/instruction
- Coordinate and implement work in an orderly and professional manner
- Set-up and clean-up worksite at the beginning and at the end of each workday and confirm that all materials are prepared for sessions
- Enforce rules and regulations and apply appropriate disciplinary measures as needed
- Perform other duties as needed for the successful implementation of the program
For more information, please contact TECH CORPS @ 614-583-9211.
TECH CORPS is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. TECH CORPS is committed to building a culturally diverse team and strongly encourages applications from female and minority candidates.
www.techcorps.org / @techcorpsUS / #TECHCORPS