Part-time/Temporary position responsible for coordinating and implementing all day-to-day aspects of the program. Student WEB CORPS is a “summer work experience” that provides high school students with a suite of web development, project management and professionalism skills and then challenges them to apply those skills in the authentic task of building a website for a small business or nonprofit organization in their community. Students work 25 hours each week and earn up to $15.00 per hour (varies by program area).
Date:Student WEB CORPS will run between June 17, 2024 and August 9, 2024 (varies by program area).
Time: Student WEB CORPS will run Monday-Friday between the hours of 9:00AM-3:00PM (varies by program area) with staff onsite no later than 30 minutes before/after the program time.
Wage: $20 per hour
Location:Student TECH CORPS is offered via partnerships with colleges/universities, K-12 schools and nonprofit organizations in Central and Northeast OH as well as Chicago.
- Attend training session prior to program start date
- Become familiar with program tools (e.g. Dropbox, Google Drive) prior to program start date
- Provide administrative oversight including tracking attendance and timesheets, contacting students, collecting paperwork
- Collaborate with Instructors on a daily basis to coordinate weekly report out
- Create and submit newsletters to showcase program activities
- Contact any student who has an unexplained absence to discuss progress, offer assistance and encourage retention including documenting contact with absent students
- Build a safe classroom environment conducive to collaborative and hands-on learning
- Provide feedback on the students’ experience with the overall program
- Provide TECH CORPS staff with all program and evaluation data as requested
- Arrive to every workday session promptly and prepared for sessions/instruction
- Coordinate and implement work in an orderly and professional manner
- Set-up and clean-up worksite at the beginning and at the end of each workday and confirm that all materials are prepared for sessions
- Enforce rules and regulations and apply appropriate disciplinary measures as needed
- Perform other duties as needed for the successful implementation of the program
For more information, please contact TECH CORPS @ 614-583-9211.
TECH CORPS is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. TECH CORPS is committed to building a culturally diverse team and strongly encourages applications from female and minority candidates.
www.techcorps.org / @techcorps_org / #TECHCORPS