Part-time/Temporary position responsible for coordinating and implementing all day-to-day aspects of the program Techie Camp is a full day, week-long program designed to engage elementary and middle school students in hands-on, interactive STEM-related activities. Students take a deep dive into subject matter focused on Robotics, Programming, Android App Development, 3D Printing, Digital Fabrication or Web Development and emerge with skills that are useful in today’s classroom and tomorrow’s workplace. Each cohort will be supported by two (2) Instructors and up to 20 students. This summer, Techie Camps will be delivered in-person with COVID-19 safety protocols as well as virtually via Zoom.
Date: Techie Camps will be offered in-person and virtually Monday – Friday between June 6, 2022 and August 12, 2022.
Time: In-person Techie Camps typically run from 9am-4pm (hours may vary by region) with instructors onsite up to an hour before/after the camp times.
Virtual Techie Camps will generally run from 9am-1pm or 12-4pm with instructors online up to 30 minutes before/after the camp times.
Wage: $20 per hour (amount may vary by geographic area)
- Attend training session prior to program start date
- Become knowledgeable of program tools (lessons/activities, software/hardware) prior to program sessions
- Be able to explain complex ideas to students so they can relate and understand
- Build a safe classroom environment conducive to collaborative and hands-on learning
- Assist students with the successful completion of lessons/activities and evaluation
- Record camp through photos and videos, which need to be uploaded to Dropbox
- Provide feedback on the students’ experience with the overall program
- Provide TECH CORPS staff with all program and evaluation data as requested
- Perform other duties as needed for the successful implementation of the program
Direct Report: Techie Camp Instructors report to the Regional Manager.
Location: Techie Camp is offered via partnerships with colleges/universities, K-12 schools and nonprofit organizations in Central and Northeast OH; San Marcos and Carlsbad, CA; Larimer County, CO; New London and Windham County, CT; DeKalb and Gwinnett County, GA; Chicago, IL; Rockingham County, NH; and Greater Providence, RI.
For additional details or to apply visit: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/2022progapp
For more information, please contact TECH CORPS @ 614-583-9211.
TECH CORPS is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. TECH CORPS is committed to building a culturally diverse team and strongly encourages applications from female and minority candidates.
www.techcorps.org / @techcorpsUS / #TECHCORPS