Part-time/Temporary position responsible for coordinating and implementing all day-to-day aspects of the program Techie Camp is a full day, week-long program designed to engage elementary and middle school students in hands-on, interactive STEM-related activities. Students take a deep dive into subject matter focused on Robotics, Programming, App Development, 3D Printing, Digital Fabrication or Data Analytics and emerge with skills that are useful in today’s classroom and tomorrow’s workplace. Each cohort will be supported by two Instructors and up to 20 students.
Date: Techie Camps will be offered in-person and virtually Monday – Friday between June 3, 2024 and August 16, 2024.
Time: Techie Camps typically run from 9am-4pm (hours may vary by region) with instructors onsite up to an hour before/after the camp times.
Wage: $25 per hour (amount may vary by geographic area)
Direct Report: Techie Camp Instructors report to the area Regional or Program Manager.
Location: Techie Camp is offered via partnerships with colleges/universities, K-12 schools and nonprofit organizations in Central and Northeast OH; San Marcos and Escondido, CA; Bulloch, DeKalb, Fulton and Gwinnett County, GA; and Greater Providence, RI.
- Attend training session prior to program start date
- Become knowledgeable of program tools (lessons/activities, software/hardware) prior to program sessions
- Be able to explain complex ideas to students so they can relate and understand
- Build a safe classroom environment conducive to collaborative and hands-on learning
- Assist students with the successful completion of lessons/activities and evaluation
- Record camp through photos and videos
- Provide feedback on the students’ experience with the overall program
- Provide TECH CORPS staff with all program and evaluation data as requested
- Perform other duties as needed for the successful implementation of the program
For more information, please contact TECH CORPS @ 614-583-9211.
TECH CORPS is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. TECH CORPS is committed to building a culturally diverse team and strongly encourages applications from female and minority candidates.
www.techcorps.org / @techcorpsUS / #TECHCORPS