Part-time/Temporary position responsible for coordinating and implementing all day-to-day aspects of the program. Techie Camp: Virtual is a weeklong, online experience in which students will dive into Programming using Scratch through a mix of online instruction, guided activities with classmates and individual work time. The camps are held virtually via Zoom.
Date: Virtual camps will be offered Monday – Friday between June 7, 2021 and August 13, 2021.
Time: Virtual camps will run from 9am-1pm, 12-4pm or 2-6pm with success coaches online up to 30 minutes before/after the camp times.
Wage: $15 per hour
- Attend training session prior to program start date
- Become familiar with program tools (i.e. TECH CORPS Lessons, Google Drive) prior to program sessions
- Help build a safe online environment conducive to collaborative and engaging learning
- Assist the instructor and students with the successful completion of the program experience
Provide administrative oversight including: tracking attendance and communicating with students/parents
- Record the program experience through photos and videos, which need to be uploaded to Dropbox
- Provide feedback on the students’ experience with the overall program
- Provide TECH CORPS staff with all program and evaluation data as requested
- Perform other duties as needed for the successful implementation of the program
- Passion (for the mission of the organization), Creativity and Initiative
Knowledge and/or experience leading, mentoring or teaching groups
- Effective communication and presentation skills
- Previous experience working with diverse populations and/or urban students is a plus
- Education, human resources or related major/program/degree preferred but not required
- Ability to multitask with strong attention to detail and the ability to perform under pressure
- Customer service delivery and the ability to accommodate different situations and temperaments
- Professionalism (time management, appearance, dependability, discretion) and strong work ethic
- Solid administrative skills and the ability to work independently and/or in a team
- Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Google Suite
Direct Report: Techie Camp: Virtual Success Coaches report to the Regional Manager.
TECH CORPS is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. TECH CORPS is committed to building a culturally diverse team and strongly encourages applications from female and minority candidates.
www.techcorps.org / @techcorps_org / #TECHCORPS