Part-time/Temporary position responsible for coordinating and implementing all day-to-day aspects of the program. Student WEB CORPS is a 6-week “summer work experience” that provides high school students with a suite of web development, project management and professionalism skills and then challenges them to apply those skills in the authentic task of building a website for a small business or nonprofit organization in their community. Students work 25 hours each week and earn up to $9.00 per hour. Each cohort (up to 30 student-employees) is supported by two Worksite Supervisors (Instructors) and a Site Coordinator.
Dates: Student WEB CORPS for program staff will tentatively run from June 1, 2020 – August 7, 2020.
Time: Student WEB CORPS will run from Monday-Friday from 8:30AM to 1:30PM. Staff is compensated for instruction, planning time and team meetings. (Program dates and times are pending.)
Wage: $15 per hour
Location: Student WEB CORPS is offered in partnership with K12 schools and nonprofit organizations in Northeast Ohio.
- Attend training session prior to program start date
- Become familiar with program tools Dropbox, Google Drive) prior to program sessions
- Provide administrative oversight including: tracking attendance and timesheets, contacting parents, collecting paperwork
- Maintain case files on all assigned participants.
- Serve as liaison/point of contact for assigned worksites.
- Collaborate with Instructors on a daily basis to coordinate daily/weekly reports (to include newsletter).
- Responsible for all requests made by assigned worksite regarding weekly reports, final report and youth concerns.
- Collect data, prepare and process reports for TECH CORPS.
- Maintain a weekly log to document attendance, timesheets and youth progress.
- Administer and collect mid-point and final evaluations.
- Attend weekly meeting with staff regarding documentation, statistics of enrollee progress and program compliance.
- Contact any student who has an unexplained absence to discuss progress, offer assistance and encourage retention including documenting contact with absent students.
- Build a safe classroom environment conducive to collaborative and hands-on learning
- Provide feedback on the students’ experience with the overall program
- Provide TECH CORPS staff with all program and evaluation data as requested
- Perform other duties as needed for the successful implementation of the program
TECH CORPS is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. TECH CORPS is committed to building a culturally diverse team and strongly encourages applications from female and minority candidates.