Part-time/Temporary position responsible for coordinating and implementing all day-to-day aspects of the program. Student WEB CORPS is a 6-week “summer work experience” that provides high school students with a suite of web development, project management and professionalism skills and then challenges them to apply those skills in the authentic task of building a website for a small business or nonprofit organization in their community. Students work 25 hours each week and earn up to $9.00 per hour. Each cohort (up to 30 student-employees) is supported by two Worksite Supervisors (Instructors) and a Site Coordinator.
Dates: Student WEB CORPS for program staff will tentatively run from June 1, 2020 – August 7, 2020.
Time: Student WEB CORPS will run from Monday-Friday from 8:30AM to 1:30PM. Staff is compensated for instruction, planning time and team meetings. (Program dates and times are pending.)
Wage: $20 per hour
Location: Student WEB CORPS is offered via partnerships with K-12 schools and nonprofit organizations in Northeast Ohio.
- Provide supervision and support to the studentemployees using the Student WEB CORPS program materials
- Support and mentor students as they interact with peers and industry professionals
- Support student project teams with the successful completion of hands-on lab activities
- Conduct any and all activities necessary to retain 90% of all assigned students
- Immediately notify TECH CORPS Supervisor of any and all support services that students may need. Document referrals made
- Arrive to every workday session promptly and prepared for sessions/instruction
- Coordinate and implement work in an orderly and professional manner
- Set-up and clean-up worksite at the beginning and at the end of each workday and confirm that all materials are prepared for sessions
- Enforce rules and regulations and apply appropriate disciplinary measures as needed
- Observe necessary precautions to ensure the safety of program participants and maintain a clean, professional looking environment
- Perform other duties as needed for the successful implementation of the program
- Passion (for the mission of the organization), Creativity and Initiative
- Possess basic knowledge and/or have experience leading, coaching, or teaching groups
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Previous experience working with diverse populations and/or urban teenagers is a plus.
Content Knowledge/Experience (topic based on desired camp offering):
- Web development, web administration and web design skills including but not limited to HTML, CSS, PHP, CMS (WordPress, Drupal and Joomla), SEO, MySQL, video and graphics software suites
- Experience using different hosting panels (cPanel)
- Experience with industry standard and open source image, audio and video manipulation software
TECH CORPS is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. TECH CORPS is committed to building a culturally diverse team and strongly encourages applications from female and minority candidates.