Part-time/Temporary position responsible for coordinating and implementing all day-to-day aspects of the workshop. Techie Workshops are one (1) to four (4) hour experiences designed to engage elementary, middle and high school students in hands-on computer science activities, ranging from programming or app development to robotics or 3D printing. Each workshop has two (2) instructors and up to 20 students. Workshops will be delivered in-person with COVID-19 safety protocols.
Date: September-December (dates TBD) and times to TBD
Wage: $20 per hour (amount may vary by geographic area)
- Attend training session prior to program start date
- Become knowledgeable of program tools (lessons/activities, software/hardware) prior to program sessions
- Be able to explain complex ideas to students so they can relate and understand
- Build a safe classroom environment conducive to collaborative and hands-on learning
- Assist students with the successful completion of lessons/activities and evaluation
- Provide feedback on the students’ experience with the overall program
- Provide TECH CORPS staff with all program and evaluation data as requested
- Perform other duties as needed for the successful implementation of the program
- Passion (for the mission of the organization), Creativity and Initiative
- Knowledge and/or experience leading, mentoring or teaching groups
- Effective communication and presentation skills
- Previous experience working with diverse populations and/or urban students is a plus
- Computer Science or Engineering experience/major/degree preferred but not required
Content Knowledge/Experience (topic based on desired Workshop offering):
- Graphic Arts and 2D or 3D Video Game Design
- Robotics and Engineering (Mechanical/Electrical)
- Open-source software, including image, audio, video manipulation, web authoring and programming environments
- 3D Printing platforms (e.g. TinkerCAD, SketchUp)
Direct Report: Techie Workshop Instructors report to the Regional Manager.
Location: Techie Workshops are offered via partnerships with colleges/universities, K12 schools and nonprofit organizations. Locations: TBD
For additional details or to apply visit: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/2021progapp
For more information, please contact TECH CORPS @ 614-583-9211.
TECH CORPS is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. TECH CORPS is committed to building a culturally diverse team and strongly encourages applications from female and minority candidates.
www.techcorps.org / @techcorps_org / #TECHCORPS